- Online application becomes active (November-December). All
undergraduate students will receive the announcement email through DAIS
(Erasmus and Swiss exchange only).
- Students complete their application online, then submit printed,
signed form to the department secretary (Erasmus and Swiss exchange
- Erasmus/exchange coordinators complete the placements and students are
notified. Most students will likely be placed in waiting list due to
limited exchange quotas.
- Any student that wishes to cancel or "dislikes" their placement will
notify the coordinators AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Such students will be
placed to the waiting bin. NO RESHUFFLING OF INITIAL PLACEMENTS WILL BE
- Coordinators will nominate the students to their host universities a
few months before their mobility period begins.
- The host university sends application links to the student. Some
universities may send the link to the coordinators, who then forward to
- The students apply to their respective host institutions.
- Outgoing students are required to observe previously accepted/rejected
courses in their respective assigned host university, and make a list of
courses they wish to take. Then:
The steps in item #8 above SHOULD BE COMPLETED DURING THE SEMESTER
BEFORE THE MOBILITY STARTS.
Mobility starts at the host institution. In case the pre-approved
courses could not be taken due to schedule conflict or prerequisites,
the student immediately emails the coordinators and proposes alternative
courses. Pre-approval form is amended as necessary. The Faculty
Administration Committee do not discuss the amendment, therefore the
transfer is not "guaranteed" unless the changed course was
previously accepted in an earlier semester.
Student finishes their studies. The official transcript will be sent
by the host organization to the Bilkent International Students Office,
then forwarded to the coordinators.
The coordinators prepare final course transfer form based on the
official transcript and the pre-approval status of the courses. NO STEPS
TO BE TAKEN BY THE STUDENT AT THIS STAGE.
The coordinators submit the course transfer list to the Faculty
Administration Committee for final approval.
The Faculty Administration Committee sends the list of transferable
courses to the student services.
Mobility program is complete.
- The student emails the coordinators for their wish list and links to
the course web pages (including syllabus).
- If a course they wish to take is "similar enough" to a MUST
COURSE, and if it is not in the list of previously accepted
courses, the student emails the Bilkent instructor responsible of the
said course and cc's the coordinators. In their email they state their
intent to take the course and transfer it as a must course, and they
PROVIDE THE SYLLABUS.
- Do not email instructors (other than the Exchange Coordinators) for
- Once all courses are confirmed, the student prepares the PRE-APPROVAL
FORM. The text must be TYPED. Any handwritten form will be
rejected.Three copies of the form will be submitted to the
coordinator(s). A fourth copy could be prepared for the student's own
archive. The forms will be discussed in the Faculty Administration
Committee and courses will be pre-approved or rejected.
- FAILURE TO PREPARE AND SUBMIT
PRE-APPROVAL FORM BEFORE THE MOBILITY PERIOD STARTS MAY RESULT IN
COURSES NOT TO BE TRANSFERRED.
- Learning Agreement is prepared, which also includes the list of
courses that are in the pre-approval form through the online system.
Student submits the learning agreement for coordinator approval.
For non-Erasmus, non-European
exchange programs, the procedure applies except for the application
time and the selection process to be handled by the Bilkent
International Students Office.